- When serving as an [FLN - Power Lunch Coordinator], please follow these steps to ensure a great and powerful event:
-Go to www.Doodle.com
-Doodle is a free site that makes it very easy to coordinate and select a date for your upcoming FLN - Power Lunch
-Offer several dates on the Doodle, and when finished copy the link and get read to send to your group.
-Send an email to your group that says something similar to the following:
Greetings fellow FLN Members:
I have been entrusted with being your FLN - Power Lunch Coordinator this session.
-If you would like to provide input on the dates and venue for this upcoming [FLN - Power Lunch] please click this link below to complete the Doodle Poll on or before 3pm on ____(Usually within 24 hours) or folks tend to linger, and get distracted.
-Make sure to remind folks to complete the Doodle poll, but once the deadline has expired, make a final decision on the details of your event, and then announce to your group by email.
- Once the date and details have been finalized, send an email notifying your group of the upcoming event and remind everyone to calendar accordingly.
- Confirming and reporting the names of people that are planning to attend can really help with attendance and participation.
Here is an example email when confirming your upcoming FLN - Power Lunch:
Greetings FLN Members:
This will confirm that our upcoming FLN - Power Lunch will be held as follows and here is the status of everyone in our group:
-John Doe - Confirmed
-Mary Doe - Confirmed
-Jane Doe - Confirmed
-Baxter Jones - Pending
-James Buffet - Status unknown
Thank you again, and please be sure to calendar the event, and we look forward to seeing you then.
- Reminders leading up to your designated event are strongly encouraged as folks tend to get distracted.
- Ideally, you want at least 4 people to attend your [FLN - Power Lunch], but to ensure it's a nice small group, 7 or more can be festive, but less effective.
- If you have 5 or less people confirmed to attend, you can use the Chapter ListServe or WhatsApp group to invite to fill the open seats.
Selecting a Venue:
- FLN recommends, that you select a suitable venue with good food, atmosphere and quiet enough that the fellow members can connect effectively.
- This is very important - round tables are important for groups of 5 or more, and really make communicating and socializing much more effective.
[FLN - Power Lunch - Meeting Format]
- Objective - to learn more about other FLN Members in a small group setting.
- As the FLN - Power Lunch Coordinator - please proceed as follows to ensure a great FLN - Power Lunch:
- Select a Time Keeper - generally this is the last person to arrive:
- Give everyone 30 seconds to say hello and introduce themselves as follows:
- What is your designated area of practice?
- Question of the Day - Select a question that is not political or offensive that you would like folks to answer?
- Then in order of arrival - give every FLN Member exactly 4 1/2 minutes to talk about an interesting case they are currently working on in their designated area of practice.
- It is critical that everyone stays within the designated time frame, or folks get bothered and annoyed.
- Once everyone has presented, socializing can begin.
- In case you are wondering.... everyone in attendance pays for their own lunch at the time of the event.
- Once the Power Lunch is concluded, please report your DVA (Date, Venue, Attended by) to your Events Director in the Chapter with a copy to [FLN - Headquarters] at Membership@FloridaLawyersNetwork.com so that we can update the records.
- Most of all - have fun, enjoy the camaraderie and look for ways that you can provide value and benefit to the other members.
Zoom/Virtual format - everything is really the same, but you have lots of flexibility as to when the events can occur.
Any questions, please connect with your FLN - Chapter Events Director or connect with your FLN headquarters at